Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 103
Creative Chemistry 103 features videos and step by step instructions that are devoted to understanding the hows and the whys with the main focus on techniques to get the most out of the products we have. Creative Chemistry 103 includes hours of technique demonstration videos and downloads from professor Tim himself!
This class has a prerequisite: Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 102 (THCC102). If you have already purchased this class, login
learn with Tim Holtz and Creative Chemistry 103!
In this third installment of the popular Creative Chemistry course, join instructor and artist Tim Holtz as we explore the “science” behind the latest and greatest products from Ranger!
Creative Chemistry 103 includes:
- Learn new techniques using the latest products from Ranger
- Instructional videos from Tim
- Projects from guest artists
- Creation of technique tag swatches with step by step instruction labels on the back
- PDFs with step-by-step written instructions that you can print out and take anywhere.
- A forum for discussion between students and Tim.
- A student gallery to show your work!
- A LIVE CHAT with Tim scheduled during the class dates! (Stay tuned for the date announcement)
Class lessons, PDF instructions, and videos are provided in English. At this time, videos are not subtitled or captioned. We hope to provide this in the future.
When you register for class, you have LIFETIME access to all Creative Chemistry 103 videos, PDFs, and class materials.
Whether it’s next week, next year, or three years down the road, as a registered student you will still be able to log in to Creative Chemistry 103 for inspiration.
Monday, August 1
Day 1 – Distress Accessories
Tuesday, August 2
Day 2 – Distress Paints & Sprays
Wednesday, August 3
Day 3 – Distress Collages Mediums & Textures
Thursday, August 4
Day 4 – Distress Crayons
Friday, August 5
Day 5 – Alcohol Ink & Yupo
Saturday, August 6
Day 6 – Surfaces & Substrates
Friday, August 12
Day 7 – Wrap Up & Bloopers
Featured Supplies List
A complete supply list of all stamps, papers, etc. that Tim uses for each project will be provided throughout the class. We encourage you to learn the basics of his techniques and then create projects using a combination of suggested supplies along with products you currently own.
If you are unsure of what products on the Suggested Supply list you would like to purchase – do not worry! Students have lifetime access to all available class content including videos, PDFs and other class downloads. Many of our students like to follow along throughout the interactive class to learn the various tips and techniques being taught and then decide to place an order for specific items afterwards.
Each product is linked to one of our favorite online retailers, Simon Says Stamp.
We also encourage you to call your local craft stores as many of them carry these great products, too.
The asterisk means that these products are new and just added to the supply list.
- Distress Grit Paste *
- Distress Crayons
- Distress Ink (Regular or Mini)
- Picket Fence Distress Ink
- Distress Reinkers
- Distress Spray Stain
- Distress Paint
- Distress Markers
- Distress Mica Sprays
- Distress DIY Ink Pad
- Distress Collage Medium (exploring all 3: matte, vintage, crazing)
- Distress Collage Brush
- Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint
- Distress Refresher
- Distress Micro Glaze
- Distress Sprayer
- Distress Broad Waterbrush
- Distress Detailer Waterbrush
- Distress Splatter Brush
- Distress Marker Spritzer
- Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- Distress Specialty Stamping Paper
- Distress Woodgrain Cardstock
- Distress Paper Mosaic Kit
- Ranger Alcohol Ink (* new colors are now available!)
- Ranger Alcohol Metallic Mixatives
- Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
- Ranger Alcohol Ink Tool
- Ranger Alcohol Ink Tool Felt
- Ranger Alcohol Ink Cardstock
- Ranger Alcohol Yupo (exploring both: white and translucent)
- Ranger #8 Manila Tags
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Foams
- Ranger Craft Sheet
- Ranger Heat Tool
- Ranger Mini Brayer
- Ranger Palette Knife Set
- Ranger Texture Paste (exploring all 3: regular, transparent matte, transparent gloss)
- Ranger Collage Glue Stick
- Distress Archival Ink Pad
- Ranger Foil Sheets
- Ranger Metallic Embossing Powder (using platinum and gold)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Dina Wakley White Gesso
- idea-ology Tissue Wrap
- idea-ology Ephemera
- idea-ology Fragments
- idea-ology Textured Surfaces
- idea-ology Remnant Rubs
- idea-ology Remnant Rub Tool
- Stampers Anonymous Stamps (Assorted)
- Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencils (regular and minis)
- Sizzix Shadowpress (Assorted)
- Sizzix Shadowpress Station
|Class Type||Class Dates||Class Price||Independent||N/A||$25|