Create fun and easy watercolor cards from scratch! Join Kristina Werner for Simply Watercolor, an all-new card class from Online Card Classes.
$20Gift this Class
Easy DIY watercolor Cards!
Join artist and illustrator Kristina Werner for a fun class focusing on watercolor cards—no other fancy supplies needed! She’ll walk you through 19+ card designs using just watercolors and basic supplies. You can jump in and start creating right away. Plus, some familiar crafty friends will be sharing their take on Kristina’s cards as well! Each card featured in class comes with a complete video tutorial and plenty of support in our Forums to help you along the way.
ONLINE CARD CLASSES’ Simply Watercolor INCLUDES:
- 15 lesson videos from Kristina
- 5 card videos from guest artists
- PDFs with step-by-step written instructions that you can print out and take anywhere.
- A forum for discussion between students and teachers
- A student gallery to show your work!
INFO ON CLASS CONTENT
Class lessons, PDF instructions, and videos are provided in English. At this time, videos are not subtitled or captioned. We hope to provide this in the future.
When you register for class, you have lifetime access to all class materials.
- Monday, July 16, Day 1 – Patterns & Backgrounds
- Tuesday, July 17, Day 2 – Simple Critters & Animals
- Wednesday, July 18, Day 3 – Lettering & Typography
- Thursday, July 19, Day 4 – Landscapes & Nature
- Friday, July 20, Day 5 – Florals & Leaves
- Friday, July 27, Wrap-Up Day – Announcing Giveaway Winners + more!
Listed below are the supplies you will need to fully participate in class. If you’re a cardmaker already, you’ll likely have all of these in your arsenal already.
All items are available in online stores or your local arts and crafts stores. For your convenience, items available at Simon Says Stamp and Amazon are linked.
- Watercolor Paper, preferably 9×12 in size – Kristina will be using Canson XL [ SSS | AMZUS ] for all projects
- Thick Card Stock for card bases – Kristina recommends Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock [ SSS | AMZUS ]
***You only need one set of watercolors. Kristina will be showing a variety. Here is a list of the different watercolors shown in class:
- Crayola Washable Watercolors, 8 set [ AMZUS | SSS ]
- Artist’s Loft Necessities Watercolors, 18 set [ AMZUS ]
- Sakura Koi Pocket Field Sketchbox, 24 set [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Prima Watercolor Confections, Tropicals set [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Kuretake Zig Gansai Tambi Watercolors, 36 set [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- You will also need white gouache [ AMZUS | SSS ] or white acrylic paint for adding details
You’ll want a few different sizes of brushes. Kristina uses all of these brushes at some point in class:
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, Round 2 [ SSS ]
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, Round 4 [ SSS ]
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, Round 8 [ SSS ]
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, 0.5” flat wash [ SSS ]
These two brushes aren’t as essential, but are used in class:
Writing or Drawing
- Eraser – Kristina recommends the Arch Foam Eraser [ SSS ]
- Black Pen or fine-tip marker – Kristina’s favorite is the Extra Fine Pilot Envelope Addressing Pen [ SSS ]
- Medium Tip black marker – A Sharpie [ SSS | AMZUS ] is ideal
- Gelly Roll White Pen, size 10 bold [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Silver metallic marker – the gold and silver Pilot Paint Pens [ SSS | AMZUS ] are great
- Paper trimmer [ SSS ]
- Scissors [ SSS ]
- Bone Folder – Any bone folder will do. Kristina uses a Teflon version [ SSS ]
- Hardboard [ SSS ] or clipboard to tape down your watercolor paper
- Masking Tape – Blue Painter’s Tape from 3M Scotch [ SSS | AMZUS ] is used in class
- Tape Runner adhesive for adhering watercolor pieces to card bases – Kristina uses Tombow Xtreme adhesive [ SSS ] since it’s super strong
- Dimensional Adhesive – Both 3M Scotch Foam Adhesive [ AMZUS | SSS ] or Darice Thin Adhesive Strips [ SSS ] work
- T-square ruler [ SSS ]
- Embossing heat tool [ SSS ] or hair dryer to speed up drying time
- Scoring Board [ SSS ] – to score card bases quicker, but you can also just use a ruler
NOTE: The links above are affiliate links. By no means should you feel obligated to use these links, but know that if you do purchase through any affiliate links, your support is very much appreciated. Thank you kindly.
|Class Type||Class Dates||Class Price||Interactive||July 16-27, 2018||$20|