Simply Watercolor Christmas
Create fun and easy holiday watercolor cards from scratch! Join Kristina Werner for Simply Watercolor Christmas!
$20Gift this Class
EASY DIY Christmas cards using only watercolor paints!
Join artist and illustrator Kristina Werner for a followup to Simply Watercolor! She’ll be focusing on watercolor Christmas cards—no stamps, dies, or other fancy supplies needed! In class, she’ll walk you through 15+ holiday card designs using just watercolors and basic supplies. You can start right away! Each card in class comes with a complete video tutorial and plenty of support in our Forums to help you along the way.
Simply Watercolor Christmas INCLUDES:
- 8 lessons with video instruction from Kristina
- 6+ guest artist videos showing the artists’ take on the lessons
- PDFs with step-by-step written instructions that you can print out and take anywhere.
- A forum for discussion between students, teacher, and guest artists.
- A student gallery to show your work!
- Cathy Zielske
- Debby Hughes
- Kelly Tribout Taylor
- Laura Bassen
- Lydia Fiedler
- Jennifer McGuire
- Yana Smakula
INFO ON CLASS CONTENT
Class lessons, PDF instructions, and videos are provided in English. All videos in Simply Watercolor Christmas have English captions as well. When you register for class, you have lifetime access to all class materials.
There will be a new lesson posted each morning at 9am ET. Students can stop by at any time after to watch each lesson.
- Monday, October 12, Day 1
- Tuesday, October 13, Day 2
- Wednesday, October 14, Day 3
- Thursday, October 15, Day 4
- Monday, October 19, Day 5
- Tuesday, October 20, Day 6
- Wednesday, October 21, Day 7
- Thursday, October 22, Day 8
- Thursday, October 29, Wrap-Up Day – Announcing Giveaway Winners. This is also the day when the forum and gallery will be locked. Students have up until 11:55pm ET on this day to add to the galleries or forum.
Listed below are the supplies you will need to fully participate in class. If you’re a cardmaker already, you’ll likely have all of these in your arsenal already.
All items are available in online stores or your local arts and crafts stores. For your convenience, items available at Simon Says Stamp and Amazon are linked.
- Watercolor Paper, preferably 9″ x 12″ in size – Kristina will be using Canson XL [ SSS | AMZUS ] for all projects
- Thick Card Stock for card bases – Kristina recommends Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock [ SSS | AMZUS ]
***You only need one set of watercolors + metallic watercolors. Kristina will be showing a variety. Here is a list of the different watercolors shown in class:
- Sakura Koi Pocket Field Sketchbox, 24 set [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Kuretake Zig Gansai Tambi Watercolors, 36 set [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- FineTec Pearlescent Watercolors, 24 set [ SSS ] – You can use any metallic or pearlescent watercolors like the Altnew Metallic Watercolors [ SSS | ALT ] or Gansai Tambi Starry Colors [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- You will also need white gouache [ AMZUS | SSS ] or white acrylic paint for adding details
- Liquid masking fluid – Kristina uses Drawing Gum [ SSS | AMZUS ]
You’ll want a few different sizes of brushes. Kristina uses all of these brushes at some point in class:
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, Round 2 [ SSS ]
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, Round 4 [ SSS ]
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, Round 8 [ SSS ]
- Royal & Langnickel Zen, 0.5″ flat wash [ SSS ]
These two brushes aren’t as essential, but are used in class:
WRITING OR DRAWING
- Eraser – Kristina recommends the Arch Foam Eraser [ SSS ]
- Black Pen or fine-tip marker
- Gelly Roll White Pen, size 10 bold [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Gold pen or marker – Kristina uses a Uniball Signo Gold Pen [ JP ]
- Paper trimmer [ SSS ]
- Scissors [ SSS ]
- Bone Folder – Kristina uses a Teflon version [ SSS ], but any bone folder will do
- Hardboard [ SSS ] or clipboard to tape down your watercolor paper
- Masking Tape – Blue Painter’s Tape from 3M Scotch [ SSS | AMZUS ] is used in class
- Tape Runner adhesive for adhering watercolor pieces to card bases – Kristina uses Tombow Xtreme adhesive [ SSS ] since it’s super strong
- Dimensional Adhesive – Both 3M Scotch Foam Adhesive [ AMZUS | SSS ] or Darice Thin Adhesive Strips [ SSS ] work
- T-square ruler [ SSS ]
- Embossing heat tool [ SSS ] or hair dryer to speed up drying time
- Scoring Board [ SSS ] – To score card bases quicker, but you can also just use a ruler
NOTE: The links above are affiliate links. By no means should you feel obligated to use these links, but know that if you do purchase through any affiliate links, your support is very much appreciated. Thank you kindly.
|Class Type||Class Dates||Class Price||Interactive||October 12-29, 2020||$20|