Copic Markers for Card Makers
Discover the fun of coloring with Copics! Online Card Classes is thrilled to bring you Copic Markers for Card Makers, our first class all about how to get fabulous looks for your cards using Copic markers.
$35Gift this Class
Join instructors Kristina Werner, Jennifer McGuire, and Sandy Allnock for two and a half amazing weeks and discover how you can create professional-looking colored images for your cards. During class, you’ll learn how to navigate Copic’s numbering system, practice adding texture to images, play with light and shadows… and even hide mistakes. It’s all here in this comprehensive “get started now” Copic marker course!
The first half of class is all about techniques and getting to know your markers. Then, in the second half of class, we’ll apply all you’ve learned to card making in creative ways.
Features of Copic Markers for Card Makers:
- 35+ instructional videos!
- For beginner to intermediate students.
- A PDF with 13 practice images from top stamp companies and designers that everyone in class will be using. You will need to download the PDF and print it out.
- Full-color PDFs with tips, tricks, and written instructions for you to have on hand.
- A forum for discussion between students and teachers (Now closed, but archived for your reference. Lots of questions and answers in the forum).
- A student gallery to show your work! (Now closed, but archived for your reference).
- A well-paced format teaching you Copic techniques first, and then helping you incorporate them into your card making.
NOTE: Only Copic markers will be used in class. We will NOT be covering other types of markers.
Special Guest Artists
Class lessons, PDF instructions, and videos are provided in English. At this time, videos are not subtitled or captioned. We hope to provide this in the future.
When you register for class, you have LIFETIME access to all Copic Markers for Card Makers videos, PDFs, and class materials.
Whether it’s next week, next year, or three years down the road, as a registered student you will still be able to log in to Copic Markers for Card Makers for inspiration.
Pre-Class Lesson: Copic numbering system, choosing markers, paper, inks, and printing digital images for coloring
PART 1: Copic Techniques
Day 1 – Basic Blending (2-color and 3-color blending)
Day 2 – Blending Tricks
Day 3 – Get More Mileage Our of Your Markers
Day 4 – Turning on the Lights (light and shadow)
Day 5 – Skin, Hair, and Clothing
Day 6 – Animals, Texture, and Colorless Blender
Day 7 – Difficult Colors (red, black, and white)
PART 2: Copics on Cards
Day 8 – Incorporating Images from Part 1 on Cards
Day 9 – Backgrounds
Day 10 – Finishing Touches
Day 11 – Hiding Mistakes
Day 12 – Copic Hacks
Day 13 – Having Fun, Marker Maintenance & Storage
You will need the following to participate in class:
- A selection of Copic markers
- Colorless Blender 0 (you might also consider getting the Colorless Blender Solution to use for specific texture techniques)
- Paper for coloring
- Copic-friendly stamping ink
- Access to a printer to print the practice images*
- General card-making supplies (ink, cardstock, adhesive, etc.)
Advice on marker selection, papers, inks, etc., are included in a Pre-Class Lesson available to registered students.
*For the first half of class, everyone in class (including instructors), will be using a print-out of practice images for coloring. This is because we want everyone to have the same images to color. If you have never printed images for coloring with Copics, more details and tips are given in the Pre-Class lesson.
|Class Type||Class Dates||Class Price||Independent||N/A||$35|