A Cut Above
Are you a die cutting expert or do you consider yourself a novice? Do you prefer a traditional die cutting machine or would you rather use your computer to design what you’ll be cutting? Or maybe you’re just not sure! Never fear, we’re here to help! Join Kristina Werner, Jennifer McGuire and guest instructor Nichol Magouirk for A Cut Above, as they show you the ins and outs and everything you need to know about the various die cutting systems.
$33Gift this Class
Join us for a jam-packed, creative die cutting class.
You’ll leave class with the knowledge of numerous tips and techniques for using the Big Shot, Vagabond, Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur with various types of dies and embossing folders, as well as the Silhouette Cameo. The first half of class is devoted to traditional die cutting methods and the second half is focused on the increasingly popular Silhouette (Cameo, SD, and original Silhouette). Simple to complex, beginning to advanced – we cover it all! We’re here to help insure your projects are A Cut Above the rest!
* Note: Part 1 of this class focuses on die cutting with the Big Shot and Vagabond. However, the Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur will also be used. *
* Note: Part 2 of this class focuses on the Silhouette. Silhouette Studio software is compatible with all Silhouette models, so no matter which model you have, you’ll be able to follow along. Designer Edition software is not required. We only feature the free software. A Cut Above does not include instruction for other cutting machines like Cricut or Pazzles. Only the Silhouette. *
- Ali Edwards
- Amber Diagre
- Cheiron Brandon
- Cristina Kowalczyk
- Julie Ebersole
- Lisa Dickinson
- Marion Vagg
- Robyn Werlich
- Shari Carroll
When you register for class, you have LIFETIME access to all A Cut Above videos, PDFs, and class materials.
Nothing is going away! Whether it’s a week after class, a year, or three years down the road, as a registered student you will still be able to login to A Cut Above for inspiration.
Part 1 Lessons: Traditional Die Cutting
- Day 1: Step Up Your Die Cutting
- Day 2: Window Cards
- Day 3: Shaped Cards
- Day 4: Partial Die Cutting
- Day 5 : “Other than Paper” Die Cutting
- BONUS DAY: Using Negative Space (+ Storage Tips)
- Day 6 : Embossing with Folders & Dies
- Day 7: Clever Dry Embossing
Part 2 Lessons: Electronic Die Cutting
- Day 1: Introduction to the Silhouette
- Day 2: Stepping Up With the Silhouette
- Day 3: Other Materials
- Day 4: Print & Cut
- Day 5: Jazzing Up Silhouette Die Cuts
- Day 6: Designing with Text
- Day 7: Getting More With Custom Design
- Day 8: Getting Even More From Your Silhouette
- Wrap Up Day
|Class Type||Class Dates||Class Price||Independent||$33|