Watercolor for Card Makers
You don’t have to be an Impressionist painter to create watercolor masterpieces! With Online Card Classes’ Watercolor for Card Makers, you’ll learn card-making expert tips and tricks for creating popular watercolor looks on your cards—using both watercolor paints and supplies you may already have!
Join instructors Kristina Werner, Jennifer McGuire, and Jennifer Rzasa as they explore the many different ways you can achieve beautiful (and simple!) watercolor effects. Starting with easy soft sky washes and progressing to darling hand-painted images, the approachable lessons offered in Watercolor for Card Makers are tailored to help you grow with the class. In addition to traditional watercolors, other mediums will be used, such as Distress Ink, pencils, and more. You are sure to find something that is suited for you!
Over the course of this two-week session, you’ll be introduced to techniques and concepts through expert instructor videos and shown additional inspiring guest artist examples of the same concepts—all with videos! Watercolor for Card Makers includes:
- 30+ videos with cards!
- PDFs with written instructions that you can print and have on-hand.
- A forum for discussion between students and teachers (Now closed, but archived for your reference. Lots of questions and answers in the forum).
- A student gallery to show your work! (Now closed, but archived for your reference).
- A well-paced schedule with videos and additional examples on alternating days.
- Simple watercolor techniques and ideas for every card-making style and skill level!
We are searching long and hard to bring you the most knowledgeable guest artists. We will be soon adding to this list, but some of our regular guests will be joining us for sure, including:
- Agnieszka Malyszek
- Dawn Woleslagle
- Debby Hughes
- Jean Manis
- Joni Nina Andaya
- Julie Ebersole
- Laura Bassen
- Laura Sterckx
- Kathy Racoosin
- Shari Carroll
- Swarup Murthy (Sanketi)
- Tasnim Ahmed
- Tim Holtz
- Yana Smakula
Class lessons, PDF instructions, and videos are provided in English. At this time, videos are not subtitled or captioned. We hope to provide this in the future.
When you register for class, you have LIFETIME access to all Watercolor for Card Makers videos, PDFs, and class materials.
Whether it’s next week, next year, or three years down the road, as a registered student you will still be able to log in to Watercolor for Card Makers for inspiration.
- Day 1 – Watercolor Backgrounds
- Day 2 – More Watercolor Backgrounds
- Day 3 – Watercolor Stamping
- Day 4 – More Watercolor Stamping
- Day 5 – Watercoloring Stamped Images
- Day 6 – More Watercoloring Stamped Images
- Day 7 – Faux Hand-Painting
- Day 8 – More Faux Hand-Painting
- Day 9 – Watercolor Freehand
- Day 10 – More Watercolor Freehand
- Day 11 – Play Day (Fun techniques with Watercolor)
- Wrap Up – Giveaway Winners announced
You will need the following:
- Watercolor brushes
- Watercolor paints*
- Watercolor paper
- Various colors of cardstock
- Various stamps (images and sentiments)
- Different ink colors
- General cardmaking supplies
*Many watercolor mediums will be covered. We will also be using Watercolor pencils, Tim Holtz Distress Markers, and Tim Holtz Distress Inks. You can choose to use whatever works best for you.
A video explaining the supplies in also available for registered students for they login to class.
|Class Type||Class Dates||Class Price||Independent||N/A||$25|